Monday, October 21, 2013

Long Overdue Update!

So yeah...I wrote one entry and the wind in my sails totally died out. I have been quite busy here the past several months between my last entry and this one, but there's still no excuse for the long silence. If you're interested, you can fill in some of the blanks by checking out my Instagram profile. I keep that much more regularly updated in comparison to this blog or Facebook. instagram.com/mawk3

Some updates and work samples:

I made it into the top 50 for The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD Fan Art Contest with this picture:

'
The image was featured at The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses tour stop in Seattle on Sept. 12.

I was so surprised that I made it into the top 50 with such great artists in the mix, but it was such an honor to be chosen.













Keeping up with social media outlets is quite exhausting, but my Instagram following has grown significantly since my last post. It's my favorite outlet and where I post my most up to date pics and artwork. I have developed a following through my photo edits of Halo's Master Chief. I picked up a Mcfarlane action figure and have created a series of images some of which have been entered in contests and won me more action figures. I love doing it and can safely say I have a new hobby. You can check out the Halo pics here:
Halo Photoshop Series

The link will take you to the album on my Facebook Artist profile page.

As stated in my previous post I currently work as a graphic designer for a healthcare company. Its a good job, but I really want to get into commercial illustration and I am currently trying to build a portfolio to do so. I am quite interested in scifi/fantasy book cover or children's book illustration. I have learned a few new tricks for digital painting and I'm building more confidence in my work with each piece I complete, but I think I have a long way to go before I can call myself professional. Here are some samples, again on my Facebook Artist profile page.
Digital Sketches

I am going to try and keep this updated once a week. So check back on Monday's for some sort of update.

Cheers!

And here are some samples of my work for clicking. These are a mixture of action figure photography, photo manipulation and digital painting. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment